Alicia is going to have a baby in August! This obviously wasn't planned since she got pregnant about a month after having lap-band surgery. But like I told her tonight, this is just a little detour on her weight loss journey and she can start losing again once the baby is here. This will be my first niece or nephew and I'm super excited! No matter the circumstances, babies are a blessing and this baby will have so much love!
If anyone has any advice on being pregnant with a lap-band, please let me or my sister know and feel free to show her some love :)
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
This week I weighed in at 199.2. Over the last 3 weeks I have gone up by 0.2lbs. As much as it sucks that I haven't lost weight for 3 weeks, I'm really happy that this number wasn't higher. I am certain that without the lap-band I would have gained quite a bit of weight while being gone so long. Thankfully the lap-band kept my portions in check and helped me to stay away from some foods that I shouldn't be eating.
So here is my plan for the week:
- Workout 4-5 times
- Plan my meals
- Track everything I eat
- Start taking vitamins again
- Stay around 1200 calories a day
I'm excited to get back on track and start losing weight again!
Monday, January 30, 2012
In an effort to be open and honest on my blog and post the good and the bad, I have to make a confession about the last 3 weeks. I've done horrible with my eating and working out! I don't know what it is about being out of my routine, but I didn't make good choices. There are all kinds of excuses that I could make. I worked from the moment I woke up until the time I went to sleep, I ate out for almost every meal, etc., etc. But it comes back to choices and I didn't make the best ones.
Before I went out of town, I had a plan for trying to eat right and workout at the hotel gym. I took protein bars and packed all my workout clothes. And I didn't workout 1 time in 3 weeks! Ughh! My choices weren't horrible, but they weren't good either. I definitely snacked way too much and ate things that I wouldn't normally eat. I was more active than I normally am, so that's good, but other than that I didn't do too good. I still have a lot to learn and need to realize that even if I don't have everything planned and I'm not in control of my schedule, I still have the ability to choose. When I'm at home and have my days and meals planned out things are relatively easy for me, but when i'm away it's so hard.
The good news is that I am back and ready to start losing again! I've scheduled my workouts this week and I'm planning my meals so I will make good food choices. I'm traveling again this weekend, but I definitely plan to eat better while I'm away.
I've been neglecting my blog while I've been out of town so I have lots of blog posts and things to catch up on.
Hope you all have been doing great!
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Last week in Houston was so much fun! The training went really well and it was so great to meet and spend time with people I work with. Working from home and all across the country, we rarely get to spend time together and we all had such a great time!
Here are some pictures of our time in the training class -
|The whole group!|
|The team got us a thank you gift for leading the training|
|We had a baby shower for one of our co-workers on Monday night|
|Another fun dinner|
|Me and my boss|
|She loves me! :)|
These last couple of weeks have been CRAZY! I haven't lost weight, but I haven't gained either. My plan for eating good and working out while I've been traveling hasn't exactly worked, but I've had a great time. I'm looking forward to getting back home and back into my routine.
Saturday, January 14, 2012
I made it back from DC yesterday and I leave for Houston in the morning. I had a great trip last week. From the moment I woke up to the time I laid my head on the pillow I was working. I had every intention of working on in the hotel gym while I was there and that didn't happen one time. :( We were in training all day and then would go out to dinner and then my boss and I would go back to the hotel and work on everything we needed to get done before the next day of training in the morning. Every night I worked until 11:30-12:00 at night. So needless to say it wasn't the best week in terms of my exercise and working out. Although I did good on my meals, I snacked way more than I usually do. I think it was just being in training and having snacks around me all the time which I'm not used to. So I wouldn't say this week was a total fail, but it didn't go as planned either. We'll see what the scale says in the morning. My boss did comment that I eat like a bird, haha!
I was a little nervous how the training would go because we had a lot of important people from our client in the room, but it went great. Yesterday I got an email from my boss's, boss's boss that she heard that we did a great job with the training and was very complimentary, so I was stoked about that! Every night that we went to dinner it was with my boss, her boss and some of their peers. Everyone was a lot higher up than me and it was good exposure for me to spend time with them and hopefully this week will be a good career boost for me.
Here is a picture from one of our breakout training sessions. This was about a third of the people that were in the big class, but I forgot to take a picture of that.
When I got to DC it was snowing like crazy. I was a little concerned because I've never driven in the snow before. Whenever it snows in Dallas, the whole city shuts down and since I work from home I don't even leave the house. I think the lady at the car rental place felt bad for me and she gave me an SUV so drive. The good thing was that the snow didn't stick at all so it was just really beautiful, but I didn't have to worry about nasty roads.
|The view from my hotel room|
The day that I left, I had a little extra time before my flight so I decided to drive around DC and do a little sightseeing. It was a beautiful 60 degree day so I got some great pictures!
Have a great week!
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Sunday, January 8, 2012
This week I weighed in at 199.0 for a loss of 2.8 pounds for the week and a total of 66.3 pounds lost since the beginning of my weight loss journey.
I was really happy that my weight stayed under 200 for this weeks weigh-in. So now Onderland is really official! :)
Planning my meals this week really helped me stay on track with my food. It's kind of pain to have to do it, but it helps so much and takes the guesswork out of my food choices. I ate really good all week and gave myself two free meals. It worked great, and I ate super healthy!
I leave in the morning and have tons to do tonight before I go to bed. Thanks for all the advice for staying on track with eating right and working out while traveling. We'll see how these next two weeks go. I'm going to try my hardest to continue to make good food choices and workout as much as I can. I won't be able to plan my meals, but I can still choose healthy options.
Hope you all have a great week!
Thursday, January 5, 2012
2. I'm considering doing this 5K in February. http://thecolorrun.com/dallas/ It would be my very first 5K so I'm a little nervous, but I know I will be able to do it even if I can't run the whole way. I'm trying to talk my sister into doing it with me. I have other friends that are doing it, but they are marathon runner so I know I can't keep up with them. But it's so cool because you start by wearing a white shirt and each 1K you reach you get powder paint thrown on you so you have all these colors all over you by the end. It just seems super fun, so we'll see. Here is a video about it. It's in 16 different cities so you should check it out!
4. Speaking of Pinterest, I've been getting seriously addicted. The only bad part is people keep posting these amazing pictures of food and it's making me hungry!
5. My sister leaves to go back to Hondruas in a week. Since I'm going to DC for work on Monday morning that last time I will get to see her is on Sunday. I'm sad about that, but hopefully we'll get to spend lots of time together this weekend.
6. I got in my first car accident last week. I was driving on a road that is divided with a grassy median and a guy was driving on the wrong side of the road. It was on a curve so I didn't see him until it was almost too late. Thankfully we both swerved just in time and barely hit each other. My mirror and door handle got scratched up, but that was the only damage I had. I'm so thankful to God for protecting me because it could have been a lot worse and we could have hit head on! His insurance took care of everything and I was able to pick up my car last night and it's all fixed!
7. I went to play bowling and mini golf with my brother and sister last week. I hadn't done either one in at least 10 years but we had a really great time!
8. So far, I've been doing really good on my New Year's goals! This week has been super busy with work, but I've still managed to get in all my workouts and eat really good all week in addition to working on all my other goals.
9. I got my closet and all my drawers cleaned out and organized. There is nothing better than an organized closet...ahhh.. Haha! And yes, I even organize my clothes by color!
10. I realized I forgot to post about some of my New Years family parties. I'll leave you with some pics from our get togethers. Have a great weekend!
|Dinner with my aunt and cousins|
|My cousin Necole was in town from Raleigh and it was so fun to spend time with her!|
|My cousin Kristi being silly with her animal hat|
|Getting ready for our new year's toast|
|And of course we had to have black eyed peas on New Years!|