It's Friday and time for BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy from the fabulous Draz! A couple of questions we answer to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy to your own blog and enjoy!
This week the questions are going to themed…as in they are all about blogging and just to throw you off – there are more than 5 this time!!
1. When did you begin blogging? Do you plan to do it a long time or do you think you’ll stop after a while?
I started blogging at the beginning of June this year. I'm not sure. I plan to do it for a long time. I love the accountability and support that I receive so at this point I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.
2. What do you enjoy more - blogging yourself or reading other’s blogs?
I think I enjoy reading other's blogs more. I'm not naturally a writer, so it's hard for me to come up with things to talk about, but I wanted to document my weight loss journey. Looking back, I know I will be happy that I have it documented.
3. What’s the biggest thing blogging has taught you? Biggest surprise about blogging?
To be open and honest with my life and where I am with my weight loss and that it's ok to be and people will still love you! My biggest surprise was all the wonderful ladies in the blogging community! I really started this just for me, but to have met all these wonderful people and receive such amazing support was a huge surprise!
4. Have you met any other bloggers in real life – solely because of your blog or theirs?
I've met Alicia (she's my sister, haha) Ronnie, Dawnya, Beth Ann, Debi and I hope to meet a couple more next month!
5. Does your blog have a general theme as in one topic or do you cover everything and anything?
Mostly it's about weight loss, fitness, and my experiences with the lap-band. I do throw in some personal stuff too.
6. Are you public or anonymous? Whichever you are – do you ever wish you were the other?
I guess I would say public. I try not to advertise my last name, just because of creepers on the internet, but I wouldn't care if people I know found my blog. I don't advertise it to friends or family, but if they asked I would let them know.
7. What’s your best blogging advice for a new blogger?
Turn off word verification, haha! I guess it would be to be really honest with where you are. Share the good and the bad. My pastor always says that it's okay to not be okay, but it's not okay to stay there. That's how I feel with weight loss and sharing our struggles. We all experience bad days and it's good to share them, but we have to pick ourselves up and start working hard again. Okay off my soapbox now...
8. Does anyone in your real life read your blog/know it’s address? Do you wish they would or wouldn’t?
Both of my sisters and my best friend have my blog address. I told my mom about it, but she didn't ask for the address so I didn't give it to her. I might give it to my grandmother, because I know she would like to read it. And of course the other bloggers I've met and know if real life.
9. Do you enjoy blogging or do you view it as a chore? How often do you blog?
I enjoy it for the most part, but sometimes it can be a chore. I promised myself that I would blog at least once a week to document my weekly weight loss, but I try to blog more than that.
10. Do you tell people in your real life that you blog? Or keep it a secret?
It's come up a couple times in conversation, but I don't really talk about it that much.