This weekend I had two NSVs that I thought were fun. First a girl that I am friends with who doesn't know that I am losing weight or had the surgery asked if I had been losing weight. She was the first person that noticed and It was a nice feeling. Then I saw this guy that I know that I usually see once a week and he told me I looked different. He was like "did you cut your hair or something, you look really different". Haha! I hadn't changed anything. He kept asking so I said well I have been losing weight and he said "Yeah that's what it is"! I've had some people tell me that before, but they knew about the surgery so I wonder if they really did notice a difference or are just saying that. So it's nice that people who have no idea are starting to notice!
Onto the award...
* Thank the person who gave you this award and link back to them in your post
* Tell us 10 things about yourself
* Nominate your bloggers
* Contact these bloggers and let them know you have nominated them
- I have struggled with my weight since high school.
- In 2006 I lost 75 pounds doing Medifast. The problem was as soon as I stopped, and because I hadn't really changed my eating habits and learned to eat the right things, I gained all of the weight (and more) back. I went back to school in 2007 and all of the stress of being in school full-time and working full-time was what drove me to food for comfort.
- In April of 2011 I decided to get the Lap-Band and I had my surgery on May 27, 2011. So far it's been the best decision I have made for my health!
- I'm the oldest of 5 kids and I definitely fit the oldest child profile!
- I was home-schooled along with my siblings from 4th grade through high school.
- In 1992, when I was 12 years old, I was nominated for a Grammy award for the collaboration work I did on a children's album.
- I've been working for the same company for almost 12 years (since I was 19)! I am so fortunate to have a job that I love and have had many opportunities within my company for advancement.
- I love to travel! I have been to many countries including Spain, Romania, Belgium, Mexico, Canada, Turkey, Dominican Republic, and several others. One of the reasons I want to lose weight is to be able to more easily travel and enjoy my time when visiting other countries.
- I bought my first house when I was 25. I decided that I wasn't going to wait around for a husband and just did it on my own. It's been a learning experience and hard at times, but I've definitely made money on it and it's been fun!
- Speaking of houses, last year I decided to get my real estate license. My mom owns a real estate company so I work part-time for her, just helping friends and family with their real estate needs. It's definitely not an easy job, but it is rewarding and I love being able to help people.
I nominate Stace and Robyn for this award. They are both new bloggers and I love their blogs! Robyn and I were banded on the same day so we're band sisters! :)